10) Yoga Mat- A yoga mat can mean all the difference in making Core Class tolerable. You can pick one up at Target for under $10, but my favorite is made by Lulu Lemon.
9) Lauren Early's Book- Reaching New Heights by Irish dancer and personal trainer, Lauren Early provides a step-by-step strength and conditioning guide for specifically improving performance for competitive Irish dance. Some other good books include; The Little Book of Inspiration for Irish Dancers by Sean Connolly, Parade of Champions by Elise Wright, and the Liffey Rivers series by Brenna Briggs.
8) Headband- A headband is the colorful and stylish way to keep those annoying hairs out of your face during dance practice. Some popular bands are made by Lulu Lemon and Under Armour.
7) Practice Sneakers- With practice sneakers, your dancer can jig everywhere! Rutherford Shoes offers a variety of brands and styles.
6) Dance Music- Expanding your music library is a great way to pump up your dancer's practice. Some of my favorite albums include; Going for Gold by Dean Crouch, Feis Music 1 & 2 by Sean O'Brien, and the Feis Album 1, 2, 3, & 4 by Anton and Sully.
5) Foam Roller- Keep your muscles long for improved flexibility for dancing by using a foam roller. My favorite company is The Trigger Point.
4) Subscription to IDM- Your dancer will look forward to each month with a subscription to Irish Dancing Magazine.
3) Resistance Bands- Keeping foot and ankle ligaments injury-free is essential for every dancer, and resistance bands are the key.
2) Jig the Movie- Follow the story of dancers gearing up for, and competing at the World Championships in Jig. Other great movies to keep your Irish dancer entertained include; Riverdance, Lord of the Dance, Dancing on Dangerous Ground, and Heartbeat of Home. Tickets to the latest production by Michael Flately would be a hit too, I'm sure!
1) Camps at Dunleavy- What better gift for your Irish dancer than more Irish dance!? Purchase a camp online at the Dunleavy store, and we will send you a certificate you can wrap and put under the tree. Stop by our Christmas Party on Saturday, December 12th from 12:00-3:00 for some other great gift opportunities.