Want to nourish your child's love for Irish dance? Here's our top 10 ideas for this Christmas!
10) Yoga Mat- A yoga mat can mean all the difference in making stretching more enjoyable at home. You can pick one up at Target for under $10, but my favorite is made by Lulu Lemon.
9) Lauren Early's Book- Reaching New Heights by Irish dancer and personal trainer. Lauren provides a step-by-step strength and conditioning guide for specifically improving performance for competitive Irish dance. Some other good books include; The Little Book of Inspiration for Irish Dancers by Sean Connolly, Parade of Champions by Elise Wright, and the Liffey Rivers series by Brenna Briggs.
8) Dunleavy Spiritwear- Show your Dunleavy pride in our cozy navy hoodies and sweatpants! Orders need to be in by Monday, November 28th to be in before Christmas.
7) Practice Sneakers- With practice sneakers, your dancer can jig everywhere! Rutherford Shoes offers a variety of brands and styles.
6) Dance Music- Expanding your music library is a great way to pump up your dancer's practice. Some of my favorite albums that came out this year include; Feis Music 3 by Sean O'Brien, Feis Machine 2 by Stephen Carolan, Feis Tunes 2 by Cormac O'Sé and Brian O'Sullivan is full of great music just for beginners!
5) Foam Roller- Keep your muscles long for improved flexibility for dancing by using a foam roller. My favorite company is The Trigger Point.
4) Subscription to IDM- Your dancer will look forward to each month with a subscription to Irish Dancing Magazine.
3) The ProStretch is phenomenal for stretching the calves and preventing injury.
2) Jig the Movie- Follow the story of dancers gearing up for, and competing at the World Championships in Jig. Other great movies to keep your Irish dancer entertained include; Riverdance, Lord of the Dance, Dancing on Dangerous Ground, and Heartbeat of Home.
1) Camps at Dunleavy- What better gift for your Irish dancer than more Irish dance!? Register your dancer for one of our Team Camps online at the Dunleavy store, and we will send you a certificate you can wrap and put under the tree! Stop by our Christmas Party on Sunday, December 11th from 12:00-2:00 for some other great gift opportunities.